An imbalance of the gut microbiota has been linked to various diseases, from gut and mood disorders to autoimmune problems. There are many ongoing studies looking at the link mentioned above. Learn how a well-balanced microbiota can put you in better control of your body. 1
Why is the microbiota important?
The success or failure of your bowel movements is largely dependent on your microbiota colony. In addition, the microbiota is essential for the absorption of nutrients, pathogenic immunity and healthy brain behaviour. 3
What is intestinal flora?
Intestinal flora, or gut flora, is the same as the microbiota and this refers to all bacteria, archaea and fungi that live within the digestive tract. 1
How are they related to good health?
Gut disorders occur when any of several triggers affect the quantity of microbiota, or intestinal flora, present in the intestines. A balance in the microbiota means you are less susceptible to gut-related illness, both in the short and the long term. 1
Different Gut Disorders Stemming from an imbalance in the microbiota
We all experience gut disorders from time to time. Learn how to identify the different symptoms. Do any of these seem familiar to you?
Browse Our Products
Enterogermina’s range of products work with the body in delivering specific solutions to various digestive needs. They offer quality good bacteria that not only help restore balance and maintain gut health but also assist with the symptoms of intestinal disorders in adults and children. 10,11
Learn how different daily triggers could be contributing to intestinal disorders, and how a good probiotic could be the ally you didn't know you needed.
- Introduction to the human gut microbiota; PMC, May 2021 [quoted June 2021] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5433529/
- Effects of probiotics on gut microbiota: mechanisms of intestinal immunomodulation and neuromodulation; PMC, January 2013 [quoted June 2021] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3539293/
- Gut Microbiota in Health and Disease; Physicological Reviews, July 2010 [quoted June 2021] https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/physrev.00045.2009
- What to know about leaky gut syndrome; MedicalNewsToday, August 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326117#what-is-it
- Side effects-Antibiotics; NHS, May 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/antibiotics/side-effects/
- What to know about indigestion or dyspepsia; MedicalNewsToday, October 2020 [quoted June 2021] https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/163484
- What Causes Dysbiosis and How Is It Treated?; Healthline, February 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://www.healthline.com/health/digestive-health/dysbiosis
- Gastrointestinal diseases during pregnancy: what does the gastroenterologist need to know?; PMC, April 2018, [quoated June 2021] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6033757/
- Diarrhea in Children; Johns Hopkins Medicine, [quoted June 2021] https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/diarrhea-in-children
- Product information Enterogermina 2B
- Product information Enterogermina 4B