Antibiotics & Bacterial Flora
Few people are aware of just how destructive antibiotics can be to the healthy levels of bacterial flora inside the body. 1 Here’s what you need to know about it.
It’s Difficult for the Body to Rebalance Bacterial Flora
This is especially true for those good bacteria wiped out by antibiotics. While not impossible, it takes time, and this leaves the gut vulnerable to digestive complications in the meantime. 5
How to Recognise Antibiotic-Related Gut Disorders
While antibiotics may also have stomach-related side effects, our area of interest is mainly the intestines.
How to Prevent Antibiotics from Affecting the Gut
It is simple to reduce the effects of antibiotics on the gut. But many people only think of it when it's too late.
How can Bacillus clausii help you solve your gut problems?
Bacillus clausii is a type of spore-forming good bacteria that works to rebalance the flora in your intestine. When consumed regularly, it can help to manage different conditions associated with gut disorders.
Learn how different daily triggers could be contributing to intestinal disorders, and how a good probiotic could be the ally you never knew you needed!
- What to know about antibiotics, Medical News Today, January 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/10278
- Medical Microbiology. 4th edition, NCBI, [quoted June 2021] https:www.ncbi.nim.nih.gov/books/NBK7617/
- Do Antibiotics Weaken Your Immune System? + 3 Ways To Help, mbgHealth, July 2020 [quoted June 2021] https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/do-antibiotics-weaken-the-Immune-system
- Antibiotics weaken flu defences in the lung, Science Daily, July 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/07/190702112834.html
- How Long Does It Take For Gut Flora To Restore After Antibiotics? Healthpath, March 2020 [quoted June 2021] https://healthpath.com/gut-health/how-long-restore-gut-health-after-antibiotics/
- After Antibiotics: How To Restore Gut Flora And Reset Your Gut, Atlas, October 2020, [quoted June 2021] https://atlasblomed.com/blog/probiotics-after-antibiotics/
- What are the side effects of antibiotics? Medical News Today, October 2018, [quoted June 2021] https://mww.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322850#rare-and-more-severe-side-effects
- What Causes Dysbiosis and How Is It Treated?, Healthline, February 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://mww.healthline.comvhealth/digestivehealth/dysbiosis#symptoms
- What You Should Eat During and After Antibiotics, Healthline, October 2017 [quoted June 2021] https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-to-eat-antibiotics
- What You Need to Know About Antibiotics and Diarrhea, Healthline, November 2019 [quoted June 2021] httpsi/www.healthline.com/health/antibiotics-diarrhea
- Ginger, WebMD, August 2020 [quoted June 2021] https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/ginger-uses-and-risks
- Prebiotics vs. Probiotics: What's the Difference?; Healthline, May 2017 [quoted June 2021] https://www.healthline.com/health/prebioticsvs-probiatics
- The effects of antibiotics on the microbiome throughout development and alternative approaches for therapeutic modulation, PMC, April 2016 [quoted June 2021] https://www.ncbi.nim.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4831151/
- Disruption of the Gut Ecosystem by Antibiotics, PMC, November 2017 [quoted June 2021] https://wmw.ncbi.nim.nih.gov/pme/articles/PMC5725362/
- How to Prevent Diarrhea While You Take Antibiotics; HealthEssentials, [quoted June 2021] https://health.clevelandclinic.org/how-to:prevent-diarrhea-while-you-take-antibiotics/