What Causes Diarrhoea?
Diarrhoea is one of the body’s responses to an intestinal imbalance, which may have been brought about by any of these common triggers. 2
Travel & Diet
Travel can be stressful and can also lead to a change in diet. Pathogenic bacteria and parasites can enter the body by means of unfamiliar food, in drinking water or when you touch surfaces. 5
How to Recognise Diarrhoea
What should you expect during an unpleasant spell of diarrhoea? You may experience any of the following symptoms.
How to Prevent Diarrhoea
Prevention is better than cure, and there are some easy measures you can take to help ensure diarrhoea doesn’t catch you off guard.
How can Bacillus clausii help you solve your gut problems?
Bacillus clausii is a type of spore-forming good bacteria that works to rebalance the flora in your intestine. When consumed regularly, it can help to manage different conditions associated with gut disorders.
Learn how different daily triggers could be contributing to intestinal disorders, and how a good probiotic could be the ally you never knew you needed.
- What to know about leaky gut syndrome; MedicalNewsToday, August 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326117#what-is-it
- What's an Unhealthy Gut? How Gut Health Affects You; Healthline, August 2020 [quoted June 2021] https//www.healthline.com/health/gut-health#signs-and symptoms
- Gut bacteria: The surprising impact of viruses; Medical News Today, 2019 June [quoted June 2021] https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325423
- What to know about antibiotics; Medical News Today, January 2019 [quoted June 2021] https:/www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/10278
- Travelers diarrhea, NCBI, May 2016 [quoted June 2021] https:/mww.ncbi.nim.nih.gov/books/NBK373093/
- Diarrhea; Mayo Clinic [quoted June 2021] https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diarrhea/symptoms-causes/syc-20352241
- Watery diarrhea: Treatments, remedies, and prevention; Medical News Today, July 2020 [quoted June 2021] https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/watery-diarrhea
- Low Fiber Diet for Diarrhea; Oncolink, June 2020 [quoted June 2021] https:/www.oncolink.org/support/nutrtion-and-cancer/during-and-after-treatment/low-fiber-diet-for-diarrhea
- What to Eat When You Have Diarrhea; Verywell Health, May 2020 [quoted June 2021] https:/www.verywellhealth.com/what-to-eat-for-diarrhea-1944822
- Taking probiotics with antibiotics; Probiotics learning lab, April 2020, (quoted June 2021] https:/www.optibacprobiotics.com/uk/learning-lab/in-depth/general-health/probiotics-with-antibiotics
- Should You Take Probiotics Whilst Travelling; News Medical, March 2020 [quoted June 2021] https://www.news-medical.net/health/Should-You-Take-Probiotics Whilst-Travelling.aspx
- 5 Common Ways Germs are Spread; Department of Health [quoted June 2021] https://www.health.state.mn.us/people/handhygiene/why/5ways.html
- Diarrhea Symptoms: When Is It Something More Serious?; WebMD, July 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://wwww.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/diarrhea-symptoms
- Diarrhea; Cleveland Clinic, quoted June 2021] https//my.clevelandclnic.org/health/diseases/4108-diarrhea
- Symptoms & Causes of Diarrhea, NIH, November 2016 [quoted June 2021] https/www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestve-diseases/diarrhea/symptoms-causes