What Causes Diarrhoea in Children?
Diarrhoea and vomiting are usually caused by contaminated food or water. It may also be caused by viral gastroenteritis, bacteria and parasites, a non-infectious disease or condition, such as a food allergy or lactose intolerance. 2
How do you know your Child has Diarrhoea?
Symptoms include excessive bowel movement, which can be accompanied by vomiting. This may lead to dehydration. Any of the following symptoms are to be expected:
How to Prevent Diarrhoea in Children
Every parent should have measures in place to prevent the possibility of diarrhoea in their children’s day-to-day life.
How can Bacillus clausii help you solve your gut problems?
Bacillus clausii is a type of spore-forming good bacteria that works to rebalance the flora in your intestine. When consumed regularly, it can help to manage different conditions associated with gut disorders.
Learn how different daily triggers could be contributing to intestinal disorders, and how a good probiotic could be the ally you didn't know you needed.
- Diarrhoeal disease, World Health Organization, May 2017 [quoted June 2021] https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/diarrhoeal-disease
- Diarrhea in Children, Johns Hopkins [quoted June 2021] https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/diarrhea-in-children
- Parasitic Infections in Children, CDC, October 2020 [quoted June 2021] https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/children.html
- What You Need to Know About Infectious Disease, NCBI [quoted June 2021] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK209710/
- Dehydration, Kids Health, June 2017 [quoted June 2021] https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/dehydration.html
- When your child has diarrhea, Medline Plus, 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000693.htm
- Probiotics for Diarrhea: Benefits, Types, and Side Effects, Heathline, December 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/probiotics-for-diarrhea
- Probiotics, MedicineNet, March 2019 [quoted June 2021] https://www.medicinenet.com/probiotics/article.htm